Friday, January 20, 2012

And.... it's done.

It's been an interesting week, for sure.  I've learned some things along the way.

1 - plan ahead - know how long you will be away from a blender, a toilet, and a restaurant that serves soup.  Know what gas stations sell "Naked" juice or "Bolthouse Farms."

2 - If you don't have time for breakfast, or you are the sort of person who tries to eat a breakfast sandwich or oatmeal while driving, a smoothie is the way to go.  As we've already seen in some of my recipes, you can get a lot of food into one delicious beverage.  It's a lot easier to drink and drive than it is to eat.  Bottoms up.

3 - While smoothies are yummy and make you feel awesome, it's important to be able to chew some real food.  As with all aspects of life, balance is key.  Smoothies serve their purpose when they're needed, and I highly recommend them to anyone who has a hard time getting the necessary fruits and veggies in on a daily basis, or someone who tends to miss meals because they're too busy.

So that's that.  I plan on continuing on with one or two smoothies a day in addition to some real, certifiably chewy food.  Bring it... NOW!  HA!

2 comments:

  1. I've only recently discovered the smoothie and they are really a great tasty choice. Shame I have to clean the blender after each use. Yes lazy I know, but it puts me off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I'll tell you a little secret. I tend to just rinse the blender all day and clean it once at night. Lazy isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's called, "being economical with your time." :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for commenting. Please keep it respectable and mostly PG. Thanks, Liz.