Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 4 - Desserts!!!

I woke up this morning at my usual 5am with the intention of working out.  When I saw that school was delayed two hours, I got excited because that meant that I got to sit around for a while sipping coffee before hitting the trainer for an hour and a half.  I followed my sweat session up with some thorough stretching.  I make it sound easy, don't I?  Well, it wasn't.

When I got on the trainer and started turning the cranks this morning, my legs felt like dead weight and my mindset was likewise.  Somehow, I told myself to just give it a few minutes and see how I felt.  After about halfway through the first 30 minute set, I felt better.  Then I told myself, "Train like you mean it."

The rest of the workout wasn't easy. In fact, it hurt like a mo-fo, but I gave it my all.  Skyler slept through all of my swearing and noises and woke up with a big goofy smile when she found out it snowed.  I even let her go outside to play in it before breakfast because I was afraid it'd be gone before she got home from school.

As far as my smoothie menu for today, I made some of the same ones from the past few days.  I've been thinking that when this is all done, I'm going to be having my desert smoothies on a nightly basis, and I'll probably still have the spinach smoothies in the morning.  There's no way that I could go permanently without crunch.  Smooth is nice, but crunch.... (my mouth is watering).

I started thinking about take-out on my way home from work.  I was headed home to make some delicious soup, but the tastes and smells kept jamming up my thoughts.  Fish and chips, chinese, pizza, spinach and artichoke dip, pizza, garlic bread..... (mouth watering again).   I had a rough drive home.

So, I'm still going strong, sort of.  I'll confess, I bought some White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter and stuck my finger in for a big mouthful.

Here's tonight's dessert:

1 cups almond milk
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
2 TB White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter
1 TB Maple Syrup
1 TB Sunflower Seeds
2 TB shredded coconut (unsweetened)
(makes 2 servings)

I'm sure that the calories in that are comparable to ice cream, but the nutrients should far exceed anything you'd find in Ben & Jerry's (no offense to the most delicious ice cream company in the world).  I find that this concoction tastes pretty f-ing amazing.  I should start a smoothie dessert business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Please keep it respectable and mostly PG. Thanks, Liz.