Monday, January 16, 2012

When the going gets tough... the tough gets colder.

DAY 3


Today was tough!!!  I'm not gonna lie.  Going into this, I kinda had a feeling that Day 3 would be pretty difficult.  With a brisk 8 degree start this morning, I knew that it was going to be pretty hard to drink cold smoothies all day.  Work consisted of standing at the controls of a firewood processor, pulling levers and only doing a minimal amount of moving around.  Sure, I got to climb up and down some equipment every now and then, but it was all cold metal equipment.  Add a meal of frozen goo to that, and I might has well have just injected ice into my veins.  I did bring some hot soup in a small thermos, but by the time I ate it, it was luke warm soup.

When I got home this evening, I was bombarded with the lovely aromas drifting over from the pizza place down the street.  Seriously???  Luckily, I still had some soup left in the fridge, and to kick it up a notch, I added some Pizza Magic (if you haven't googled this stuff yet, get on it).  I'm capping it off with Skyler's favorite from yesterday for desert (see yesterday's Reese's flavored blueberry treat).  Meanwhile, I'm in my sweats and bathrobe, directly in front of the wood stove, and I'm still cold.

I should really not be complaining though.  At least I have a coat and a warm place to sleep at night.  Before work this morning, I went out to get myself a pair of mittens, because gloves just weren't going to cut it today.  On my way down Main Street in Danielson, I saw the town homeless guy.  He didn't have a coat or gloves!  I feel bad complaining about being cold when I really have no idea what it's like to be truly cold.  If anyone has what I'd guess to be a size large spare coat lying around, maybe you could drive down and see if you spot that guy, and hook him up.

Alright, enough preaching.  Here are some new recipes:

#1
1/2 grapefruit
1 pear
1 c spinach
1/2 c carrot
1 packet Emergen-C
1 TB Chia seeds
2 1/2 c H2O
(not bad...  I'm pretty sure I've made one similar to this already)

#2
2 bananas (small)
1/2 c pineapple (chunks & juice)
1 c mango
2 c almond milk
1 TB PB
1 TB sunflower seeds
(really yummy!!!)

That's it.  I had more soup today than yesterday on account of it being cold and all.  It'd be nice to have some comfort food like mac n cheese, but that would ruin EVERYTHING!  I've already made it through Day 3, so I'm almost halfway done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for commenting. Please keep it respectable and mostly PG. Thanks, Liz.